Monday, December 03, 2007

Steer Clear of Streetcar!!!

Streetcar has made my life miserable on two distinct occasions. The first time, they cancelled my booking for no apparent reason at midnight (with no one for me to contact) the night before I was to need one of their cars early in the morning. That morning, they gave me a total run around and I got the very strong sense the person I talked to was either completely incompetent or lying (his story kept changing and changing). Basically, they wasted several hours of my Saturday morning and almost ruined my plans that had been set for weeks. I ended up hiring a car from another service and, although it was much more expensive than Streetcar’s advertised prices, everything went smoothly and I will use them again (instead of Streetcar).

The second time they screwed up was today. I was sitting in my study doing some work when I got a text that my Streetcar booking for tomorrow had been confirmed. What? Huh? I had not even contacted them at all for months. So I texted, emailed and called them to cancel and to explain that I had not booked a car in the first place. That process of correcting their mistake wasted about a half hour of my time. Then, I get a text message that said my booking was changed to a different day. Eventually, they worked out whatever error they’d made. Messing up on something that I booked is bad enough but when they start randomly confirming bookings that I hadn’t even made and wasting my time without me initiating contact … well, that’s when it’s time to cancel my membership, which I’m doing right after I post this review. Waste of time! Glitch central! And seemingly a logistics nightmare!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear Blogger,

Sorry to hear about the problems you had with our service. We would never claim to be infallible and mistakes do happen. It may be too late but we would always appreciate the chance to understand further what went wrong and then try and put it right so if you are prepared to give us that chance then get in touch at services@streetcar.co.uk.

The Streetcar Team