Monday, April 23, 2007

How was the Gilbert & George: Major Exhibition?

Shame on me. I poo-pooed this exhibition and wrote it off. I even visited the Tate Modern a few times since the exhibition started without so much as considering popping my head in to take a look at Gilbert & George: Major Exhibition. Luckily, Emiana knocked some sense into me, and we checked it out this afternoon. The show features one of the most consistent, engaging and provocative bodies of work I've come across. I was particularly impressed by the consistency of the work, considering that G&G have been at it since the late 60s. They have - without flinching - examined and exhibited their lives as art(ists) in full view of the world.

Wanna see how London, contemporary art, and social norms have evolved over the past 40 years? Gilbert & George: Major Exhibition runs until May 7, 2007.

No comments: