Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Rude Boy - The Clash

Rude Boy is not a great film. However, it does have some brilliant footage of several live performances by The Clash. According to IMDB ...

Rude Boy is a semi-documentary, part character study, part 'rockumentary', featuring a British punk band, The Clash. The script includes the story of a fictional fan juxtposed with actual public events of the day, including political demonstrations and Clash concerts. Filmed over a period of years, the written dialog takes on the appearance of improvisation.


The other brilliant aspect of this film is its footage of late 1970s London (as bleak as it seems to have been). I found this DVD is good to have playing while doing other things around my flat, stopping when a particular scene catches my attention or when the band comes back on to play.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I just watched this again last recently. Totally dug it! I remember seeing this in the theatres back in the 80's in Hollywood. Seeing it again brought back total feelings of nostalgia.

Check out the live concert from the Clash at Wolfgang's vault You need to sign up but it free and they have some great concerts archived.

Tiki Chris said...

Thanks for the comment and for the recommendation, Chongo. I've been meaning to spend some quality time at Wolfgang's Vault. Hopefully, I'll get to it soon.

Mahalo,
Chris