Thursday, February 08, 2007

Back to the Pie and Mash

... except this time I visited a new place - F. Cooke on Broadway Market (don't worry - I fully intend to pop round to my local, Clark's, soon).















I first spotted F. Cooke a few days ago while
roaming around the area and knew I'd have to return soon. A step through the door and I was transported to another time ... a time I know little about but nonetheless elicits an intense feeling of nostalgia within me.

The food was simple, ample, inexpensive and better than I'd expected. Of course, I got the pie and mash and was surprised by how crisp and delicious the pie crust was. I followed up with hot fruit pie (apple) and was again pleasantly surprised. I now wish that I had brought a few home with me for the week.



















Definitely pay F. Cooke a visit, if but to sit in its stark tiled room of homey austerity and stoic charm. Try to go on a sunny day and to sit facing the window with the light streaming in. If cloudy on your visit, sit with your back to the window and admire the portrait of Diana, "the people's princess."


Photography by Tiki Chris © 2007
Interested in contributing a photograph of London to this blog? Click
here for details.

2 comments:

siewcaeddie said...

Hi, I really enjoy your site. It looks great and it's very interesting. Greetings from Poland! :)

Tiki Chris said...

Thank you! I just took a look at your photo blog. Nice stuff. Let me know if you'd like to ever submit some photography to this or my travel blog (ontoTravel.blogspot.com).

All the best,
Chris