Thursday, August 09, 2007

MetroCab Rip Off!!!

The other day my Emiana and I took a MetroCab (London's boxier, more SUV-y looking taxis). We had several pieces of luggage with us and, with our non-British accents, the driver apparently sized us up as a couple of gullable tourists. However, he was unaware that we were in the neighbourhood where we live and were, thus, fairly knowledgable of the route to our destination. Needless to say, when we realized he was just driving around a block to milk us for an extra quid or two, I asked him to stop immediately and let us out. This was my first experience with MetroCab. I've heard similar stories about them. From here on, I'm sticking with London's traditional Black Cabs. In all the years I've relied on them, I've never had any sort of similar problem.

No comments: