Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Treatment Rooms Interview

Here's an interview with photos that I conducted for Londonist with Baroness von Reichardt of the Treatment Rooms, a privately owned three-story house located in the West London suburb of Chiswick and almost completely covered in mosiac tiles.









Londonist Interviews ... Baroness Von Reichardt of the Treatment Rooms

by Chris Osburn
Londonist
August 8, 2007

Ironically, I think that if I had painted the same images onto my house rather than apply mosaic tiles, they would have been got rid of years ago. People realize that making mosaics is a labour intensive process. People that have seen the house from a distance or have only seen photos of it have told me that they didn’t realize the work was entirely made up of tiles. Whether or not people like the subject matter they give me credit for putting a lot of work into it, allowing me to get away with a lot more than if I had simply painted or pasted up my art.

Click
here for complete interview.

No comments: